|This organization is exclusively for and limited to educational, scientific and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Specifically the OCRA mission is to:
In accordance with the OCRA Charter of Incorporation, all persons interested in Amateur Radio communications shall be eligible for membership. Membership shall be by application and election as provided in the By-laws.
Not yet licensed? If you are interested in obtaining your amateur radio license and would like to join OCRA, use your “initials-MM-YY” (MM-YY the current month and year) format for the Call Sign field entry, and complete the information requested below. Your contact information will be used for initial email communication with you about meetings and upcoming volunteer examination licensing sessions.
How to Join:
By Online Submission: Complete the form below and then click on the “Save & Verify” button at the bottom of the page. Your call sign, name and address information will be verified with the FCC license registry. To match up online applications with any PayPal dues payments, your PayPal email address or shipping address should match the data you supply below.
An email will be sent from OCRA to the secure email address you list below confirming receipt of your application, additional membership information and a private access link you can use to further describe your ham radio interests, need for assistance and make an online credit card dues payment via PayPal. Or, attend the next meeting to pay your dues to the club treasurer.
By Mail: Supply the same information requested below with dues payment (write your callsign on and pay by check made out to “Orange County Radio Amateurs,Inc”, P.O. Box 294, Carrboro, NC 27510.
A completed membership application, dues payment or in lieu of dues, qualification for 1st year licensed, one year free membership is required to complete the the process of joining OCRA.
Incomplete applications will be kept on record for 3 months in “Pending” status.
|Newly Licensed Hams: If you’re a newly licensed ham, you can claim a free year’s OCRA membership. Use the same procedure above to create and print a completed membership application page and show your FCC license to the club treasurer at the next club meeting. Be sure to identify yourself as a new licensee during the member introductions at the beginning of the meeting. During the period of COVID-19 social distancing, attend an OCRA Over-the-Air club meeting net or the Monday night 10 meter net and you will receive your free 1st year membership.|
Regarding the Email Addresses you provide below and Guidance for Compliance with the 2003 Can-SPAM Federal Law
- The membership record email address you list below is for “transactional or relationship” purposes (as defined in the above law) in order for OCRA to:
- Provide you with a Private Access Key so you can update your OCRA membership profile.
- Send confirmation to you that your membership dues payments, whether sent by regular mail, PayPal or paid at a club meeting have been received and records updated.
- If you so chose, you can elect for the club to send you club bulletins, notices of club meetings, nets, other events, and for secure distribution of ID & Password information for participation in Zoom Video Conferencing that may be part of a club event.
- The 2 Step Process:
- Step 1: You have completed step 1 by you providing your email address below as part of this membership application
- Step 2: To complete Step 2, access your membership record using your private access key, Select your “Opt IN” / “Opt Out” choices and SAVE YOUR CHANGES.
- The “Shared” Email address field is optional and up to you to provide, or not.
Complete the required information fields below, then Click the “Save & Verify” button at the bottom of this page to create your initial profile
Verify “Update Successful” appears just below this message; Any fields in error will be encircled in Red
After clicking the above “Save & Verify” button, make sure “Update Successful” appears at the top of this screen.
Any fields in error will be encircled in Red and must be corrected before your entries will be saved.