Steve W3AHL, Dave W4SAR, Karen KD4YJZ, Wilson W4BOH, Dan (KR4UB), Dee KU4GC, Keith W1KES, Lad W4ORD
The checking and saving balances are in line with ongoing expenses. The pre-pay meal approach proved again very successful with 47 dinners and 34 breakfasts. The more accurate head count for purchasing and preparing meals left little food with a net income of $93.
A big thank you to Wilson W4BOH and his family for hosting, John KM4MDR for providing Friday lunch and facilitating meal preperation, and all the other OCRA/DFMA members who assisted with set up, operation, and tear down.
- Weather was very extremely favorable throughout the event
- Computer network was reliable, thanks to Steve W3HAL efforts
- The digi stations has some difficulty operating from the garage. Will need to identify opportunities for another location next year.
- Progation was very good with contacts made in Washington, California, and Hawaii
- Satellite proved difficult as power overload from a few sites made contacts difficult for others
- Consider using FT8 for kid contacts to avoid “mic fright”
- Estimated contact points was 15,160, with bonus points was 17,310.
- Further discussion need regarding Friday’s lunch as pre-pay
Please add your Field Day pictures and comments to the site. We would enjoy sharing in your special moments.
Steve purchased automated external defibrillator (AED) battery and pads, which should be good for the next couple of years.
Nick KA1HPM secured call sign KAM for a special event station to honor Hiram Percy Maxim 150 birthday, co-founder of the ARRL. The two day special event will take place September 2, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Mark your calendars now!