- To Preview, left click on the document listing, then click on “Preview”
- Click on “Download” in the document listing to save a copy to your computer
Thanks to Aurora, KN4VXB for coordinating and inspiring all to participate in a Foxhunt, Saturday August 1st!
But who were those masked men and women? Well none arrived riding a fiery horse with the speed of light but they were chasing some RF traveling at the speed of light!
Pictured left to right above are the participants in the on-foot foxhunt Joe K4SAR, Ben KO4BHX, Dan KR4UB, Aurora KN4VXB, Nan KN4GUM, Steve KZ1X and Boyd, awaiting a VE session.
Thanks to Steve KZ1X for preparing and hiding his fox transmitter for the on-foot event.
Aurora KN4VXB with her tape measure yagi antenna.
Joe, K4SAR Hi Ho Silver! I think I’ve found a fox!
Boyd with his yagi antenna
Aurora KN4VXB, Nan KN4GUM, Joe K4SAR, Dan KR4UB and Mark, KR3AM (not in photo) enjoyed a great conversation on their diverse interests after completion of the fox hunt driving event. Dan was “the fox” in the driving event.
comments about the event…
I am pleased to dub the Fox Hunt Event held yesterday as a success! I would like to extend a big thanks to Steve (KZ1X) for preparing and hiding his fox transmitter for the on-foot event and to Dan (KR4UB) for being “the fox” for the driving event. Thanks also to the folks who came out to participate in the hunt. We had seven participants in the on-foot event and five in the vehicle based event, including several new hams. If folks want to do this again, I’d be happy to organize another one in the spring. Aurora, KN4VXB
Thanks very much for the pictures Nan. And also to Aurora, Dan and everyone for making this Foxhunt such a fun and educational event on Saturday. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and learned a lot along the way. Not just about radio but compasses too. Ben, KO4BHX
So many thanks to Aurora and the other hams at the hunt yesterday. I had an incredible time and learned so much! I was deeply appreciative of the welcoming and collaborative atmosphere. What a great group! Nan, KO4GUM
Thanks again Aurora for coordinating all this! I had a great time and enjoyed meeting a couple of new folks and seeing some old friends. Appreciated the iced coffee and snacks! Great job as the fox, Dan! Joe, K4SAR
- Information for Fox Hunt – Aug. 1
- N1LN Field Day – 2020 Audio Recording of Laurie
- OCRA Monthly Membership Meeting – July 13, 2020
- Remote VE Session Methods that Hams in the Area Have Used
- KO4DHJ’s Newly Built Triband 2m, 1.25m & 70cm Antenna
- OCRA/DFMA Field Day – Some Field Day Miscellany from Dave, W4SAR
- OCRA/DFMA Field Day – Logging Contacts, Bonus Points, Maximizing Score
- OCRA/DFMA Field Day Operating Tips
- OCRA General Membership Over the Air Meeting June 10,2020
- OCRA-DFMA Fox Hunt – Aug. 1 2020 – Save the Date!
- Fox Hunt Survery… Please take the Survey
- Parks On The Air by Keith, W1KES
- Fox Hunt Proposal
- OCRA Club Over-the-Air Meeting 442.150 Repeater with Audio Linked Zoom Conference