- To Preview, left click on the document listing, then click on “Preview”
- Click on “Download” in the document listing to save a copy to your computer
More Information Available Here – Order Tickets and Tables Online – http://www.rarsfest.org
We have 68 paid membership current and 33 requiring renewal. You can renew membership easily and securely on the website under the heading of “Members.”
Chatham county continues moving forward with establishing new radio towers. Currently they are writing specifications to publicly bid the work. They plan to establish additional towers beyond current need for anticipated growth, with the understanding it is more cost-effective to erect the additional towers now than re-bid the work at a future date.
WordPress is the most common blog and website platform in use around the globe. OCRA uses WordPress as our primary club communication channel. WordPress has many additional features and functionality that we can leverage for multiple uses. One such use is capturing interest and availability for Field Day.
With just under four months to go, Field Day 2019 is quickly approaching. However, we can more easily start planning now. Dan has created an on-line sign-up form to capture availability to volunteer for food, station, and field site preparation, staffing, and dismantling.
You can easily complete the sign up form on your computer or even phone! The steps for expressing your interest and availability follow:
1. On the site, navigate to the “Member” tab and click “Receive Access Link”.
2. Enter your call sign, answer the math question, and click “Submit”. An email will be sent to your registered public email address.
3. You will receive a confirmation screen notifying you the link has been sent to your email.
4. Login to your registered email address and click the link. If you bookmark this link, it can be used to update your profile…be sure to bookmark!
5. Complete the Field Day sign-up sheet. Be sure to click the “Save” button located at the end of the form. If there are any data corrections, they will be highlighted in red. Band captains will reach out to you regarding the specifics. We look forward to seeing you during Field Day!
As many Hams know, it is important when making decisions about getting the right coax for your Ham Station to understand that there are trade-offs that have to be considered between transmitter power, antenna gain, coax loss, and your total Ham Station system performance. Your bank account may also enter into the equation like most Hams.
Cables and connectors are no exception to the above as they make up the lifeline of your entire station, allowing all of the components to work together. Steve (KZ1X) shared that oxygen is the enemy of every connector, as oxidation due to poor connections will limit the performance and life of the connector. Dan (KR4UB) and Steve (KZ1X) further explain the importance of having the right connectors, wires, and crimpers to produce a gas tight crimp. As Dan shared, in his experience most poor transmissions are the result of bad connectors. However, with quality material and practice you can build connectors that provide decades worth of radio fun and enjoyment.
Dan (KR4UB) explaining contact spring tension Steve (KZ1X) explaining Power pole connectors
Vendors who sell quality connectors and supplies include the following:
· DXengineering – https://www.dxengineering.com/
· Digi-key – https://www.digikey.com
· Mouser – https://www.mouser.com
If you attended this meeting, we would welcome your feedback. If there are other topics of interest, please let know.
- OCRA Board Meeting – February 25, 2019
- OCRA Board Meeting – January 28, 2019
- OCRA Membership Meeting – January 2019
- OCRA Board Meeting – November 26, 2018
- OCRA Membership Meeting – October 2018
- Technician License Classes Coming Up
- OCRA Membership Meeting, September 10, 2018
- OCRA Board Meeting, August 27, 2018
- August Gathering at Virlies