- To Preview, left click on the document listing, then click on “Preview”
- Click on “Download” in the document listing to save a copy to your computer
Dave, W4SAR, club president opened the meeting with introductions, the topic for tonight’s meeting being Field Day results and call for officer reports. In attendance tonight were 8 license-seeking candidates, one of our largest membership meeting testing groups.
Dan, KR4UB, treasurer reported 73 members are current with their dues with 26 members needing renewal. Club treasury balance is in line with ongoing expenses.
Nick, KA1HPM, stated two towers near Lowes hardware in Chatham County exist with antenna and feed-line. Steve, W3HAL, and Dan, KR4UB, would assist in assessing the possibility of usage.
Field Day Results:
Dave, W3SAR, provided a Field Day point breakdown, and will post final results on this website soon. The unofficial count was 2997 QSO points, with 1727 QSO points awarded multipliers for a total of 14,985 points. We had less points this year, but propagation was poor, except for 40 Meter.
Steve, KZ1X, proposed running 100 Watts rather than 5 Watts next year. While QRP, or low power…5 Watts, gets you multipliers, 100 Watts would allow more stations to hear, which would be more fun. Additionally, if sun spot activity is nearing a null, then 100 Watts may a sound strategy for the next couple of years.
Wilson gave thanks to Steve, W3AHL, for doing a great job on the N1MM network. Steve, W3AHL, stated the 10 dedicated computers along with static IP addresses provided more resiliency and up time than last year. Wilson also appreciated John, KM4MDR, for doing a wonderful job managing the food preparation and service…at a’boys!
Dan, KR4UB, stated Phillips High School still has an antenna and transceiver used from an earlier ISS contact needing reclamation. If interested in assisting, please leave a reply!
Finally, Dan, KR4UB, will present FT8 at the next DFMA meeting!
- Point me in the right direction
- OCRA Board Meeting – July 2019
- Field Day, a family event
- Field Day is about fun, fellowship, and FOOD! Thanks to Wilson, W4BOH, and his gracious family for opening their home and hosting this great weekend event.
- 2019 Field Day Prep
- Wilson, Dan & Bill adding pulley on barn for tower raising
- Wilson & Dan, or Rufus & Joel from Gasoline Alley?
- OCRA Membership Meeting – June 10th, 2019