from Jack, KM4MBG & Chris, KK4VBE
Reminder tomorrow, April 4th, after the 9:30am Orange County Auxcomm net on the 442.150 repeater
There will be a Saturday morning video conference to help fill the void left by the cancelation of our celebrated ham breakfasts due to the Covid-19 pandemic. That net usually doesn’t last long, so we’ll try to start at 9:45am local time.
Directions for Joining:
Make sure you have a computer with good microphone and speakers (a headset often works well). There is no software to install. Use your web browser to go to URL address posted in the video conference announcement note on the OCRA-DFMA Joint Email list at the appointed time.
Thanks to Chris, KK4VBE, for hosting the server. Hope to see y’all online.
And more from Chris,
If you do not have a computer with a camera and or mic but have a smartphone you can still join in on the video call. You will need to install the Jitsi app form the app/play store.
Then at the appointed time click the link in the recently posted note on the OCRA-DFMA Joint Email list and your web browser will open and give you the option to launch the app.
73, Chris KK4VBE
Earlier note from Jack, KM4MBG,
- WHO: As some of you know, there are various HAM groups in the area that meet on Saturday mornings for breakfast.
- WHAT: At least one of these groups organized a virtual meeting March 28th among themselves. We had also talked about doing a virtual meeting on the DMFA net.
- WHEN: Originally, I had called for the club’s virtual breakfast meeting to be at the same time as one of these other gatherings, but decided to defer to next Saturday, April 4th.
- WHY: Those of use who are not introverted  need some socialization time. In addition, those of us who are not working from home or are unhappy with the remote collaboration tools that our workplace is using, wanted an excuse to play with technology.
- WHERE: This wasn’t asked, but it fits the theme. For the first meeting, we’ll be using the Jitsi Meet browser application. I’ll send out more details and a reminder next week.
Many thanks Jack & Chris!