From last year’s Field Day and member discussion at club meetings, planning for the Field Day meals is one of the more challenging activities in terms of knowing how many will be at the meals and ensuring the right amount of food is purchased.
The festive DFMA/OCRA BBQ Potluck, hosted by Wilson and a small group of helpers is still on and still FREE. John Boone will be soliciting registration and potluck contributions as last year, so please sign up to join us and bring a tasty salad, vegetable, or dessert.
For the June 23 Saturday 5PM Dinner & June 24 Sunday Breakfast…
For this year’s 2018 Field Day, OCRA and DFMA are asking attendees to prepay (the same price as always, $5.00 for each meal) at the Field Day June 23, Saturday 5 PM Dinner and June 24 Sunday Breakfast in order to have an accurate count. This will help keep the cost low and not have to ask members who do show up to pay a higher amount to cover those who do not. These payments also go to fund the availability of free bottled water during the Friday set up day.
Prepayment authorizes the club to buy food on your behalf and can be by cash or check payment at your convenience as described below. Vegetarian meals can be requested. PayPal costs for many small payments is excessive and precludes use of that feature. Based on the food purchase date, meal orders must be received by OCRA by June 18th. If you pay, and later must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the June 19th food order date, and your payment will be refunded or, you can use it as a tax-deductible donation to the club, or to extend your membership.
Making PrePay Easy
- Using checks, or cash in an envelope as annotated below will help with record keeping (and refunds for timely cancellations). Checks and cash will be held and not deposited until food purchase. Cancellations received before food purchase will be refunded.
- In addition to opportunities to pre pay by mail or at upcoming club meetings, the following OCRA/DFMA contacts at the Saturday morning breakfast locations below will accept your payment:
- Payment to OCRA, P.O. Box 294, Carrboro, NC 27510
- Each Saturday Ham Breakfast – June 2, 9, 16
- Egg & I Chapel Hill on NC 54 East – Dan, KR4UB or M.K. W4MKR
- Virlies Pittsboro John, KX4P
- BoJangles at Hillsborough – Mike, KK4BPH
- DFMA Club Meeting June 5, (M.K. W4MKR)
- OCRA Meeting June 11 (Dan, KR4UB)
Checks or cash in envelopes marked with the same information shown on the check below will help with record keeping e.g. name, callsign, number attending dinner and breakfast meals, and preference for veggie meals.
Checking Receipt of your Meal Sign up Status
As prepay checks and cash are received as described above, the OCRA website page at this link will be frequently updated Field Day Meal Sign up Status
Thanks in advance for helping this part of Field Day to be a success!